Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Binge There, Cut That! Whether you came here looking for support, encouragement, and inspiration for your own recovery process, or you believed this to be a pro eating disorder or self-injury site, I am eternally grateful you have arrived. For those of you who mistook this as a place for tips and tricks that I can guarantee would only serve to perpetuate your misery (trust me, I speak from experience), don’t hit the “back” button just yet. I urge, no, I beg you to stick around and follow me on this journey of reflection. You will not regret it.
Binge There, Cut That, if you haven’t already guessed, is a play on the words Been There, Done That. During my teenage years, I struggled with eating disorders and self-injurious coping behaviors (among several other self-destructive habits), and I’m here to share my experience with you: my thoughts, my feelings, my emotional distress, my actions, my attitudes, my perceptions, my decisions, etc. I’m here to present the road I traveled that led me to where I am today. I’m here to show you that I’ve been there, and I’ve done that, and it is possible to rise above, conquer your own hell, and heal the wounds that have left you broken.
Still not convinced? I’m not surprised. It’ll take more than a few encouraging words from a total stranger to pull most of you out of the emotional water you’re drowning in – I’ve been there. Many of you will want to navigate away from this site quickly and continue searching for one that will tell you it’s okay to destroy your body and your soul – I’ve done that. But – if you hang around, maybe one of my experiences will hit home, maybe some of my thought processes or perceptions will match yours, maybe you’ll realize that you are not alone and that someone else is or has been where you are. What’s the harm in finding out?

-Quixotic311

If you like what you see or think someone else might, share it using the share buttons below!